Youth work as interns at CAP Sites across Canada, helping individuals, community organizations and small businesses improve their knowledge and effective use of the Internet and related information technologies.
- Delivering Internet and IT related training sessions;
- Researching and developing Web sites;
- Drafting publicity materials;
- Organizing information fairs and special events;
- Providing technical support to the CAP site; and
- Working on Information Technology Projects.
The CAP Youth Initiative is implemented within the framework of contribution agreements between Industry Canada and various provincial, territorial, and non-profit organizations for the support and administration of the program. In provinces and territories where there is no such agreement in place, partnerships are initiated with third-party agents.
CAP’s Youth Initiative works with partners from each province or territory to implement the project from the grassroots level. The Delivery Organization who administers the program in each province or territory works closely with CAP networks in their respective geography to ensure that both the needs of the youth intern and the CAP Site are met.
As a youth intern, you will have an excellent opportunity to strengthen your current skills, and add to them as well. You will also gain valuable knowledge and work experience through the Youth Internship project. Some of the specific benefits could include:
- Teaching & Training
- Time Management
- Organization and task prioritization
- Oral and written communication
- Problem solving and decision making
- Interpersonal relationships and teamwork
- Increased knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Increased knowledge of the Internet’s applications and potential
- Better understanding of the community and its local organizations
- Better understanding of the business world
- The opportunity to demonstrate your skills and abilities
- Work experience to add to your resume
- A chance to explore your interests and try out new roles & career exploration
- An increased sense of belonging within your community