C@P Youth Interns
Inverness County CAP Network Society (ICCNS), in partnership with Industry Canada and NS C@P have the following positions available:
Port Hood C@P Site – Port Hood Resource Center & Library
C@P Youth Interns 2 – 12 Week Work Terms
*Position 1: 15 hours/week for 12 weeks.
*Position 2: 20 hours/week for 12 weeks.
*Same person can be hired for both positions, for a total of 35 hrs. /wk.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide after school programs for youth.
- Create PowerPoint and Word documents
- Provide assistance to clients using computer and Internet applications.
- Library: Sign out and check in books; shelf new books and returns.
- Assist Regional C@P Coordinator with special projects.
Youth Intern Applicants should be:
- A self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Enthusiastic and creative
- A competent user of the Internet, computers, software and hardware.
- Interested in community based activities
- Interested in technology and willing to learn.
Following skills would be an asset:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Mac products
- Experience with video and audio applications
- Experience working with youth.
Deadline for applications: Resumes will be accepted until suitable candidate(s) is hired.
Criteria -Between the age of 15 to 30; – Resident of Inverness County legally entitled to work in Canada and currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution or university; or – A youth who has completed at least 1 course at a university or other post-secondary institution. Applications from High School Students are welcomed, but preference will be given to Post Secondary Students.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.